Ernest Adams at Next Generation (I have found a lot of good and deep and intelligent content to blog about there!) has put together this opus of a Web article – when’s the last time you saw page 1 of 10 on a article on the web?!? From:
What I’ve done is to assemble a collection of books that address the following questions:
- What are games (and videogames)?
- What has been the history of video games?
- How are games related to other media, and what might we learn from those media?
- How and why do people play games? And finally, how (in general terms) should we design and build them?
I’ve organized the books roughly by topic…
The topics are…
- Design Practice
- Graphic Design
- Music / Audio
- Online Community
- The History of Games
- People, Projects, and Businesses
- Other Media and Useful Disciplines
- Deep Background
I’m not gonna spoil his fun by listing the books here – the article link is up top there. But after I post it I’m gonna go shopping for used books at Amazon. 😀